I have changed my concept a few weeks ago, and since then, I feel that I've been progressing much easier. It carries the basic elements I wanted to use in the beginning, such as geocaching, finding items and use them, and the fact that is going to be based on a narrative.
For Mediascape:
PROPOSED TITLE: AMNESIA
NARRATIVE OUTLINE:
An amnesiac hero needs the assistance of the audience to recover his lost memory, by walking guided by the iPAQ and finding the objects. These objects will unveil information, that the audience will use in order to find out more about the story.
The narrative and memory flashbacks will play at the point where the audience will approach the desired mark with the items.
Step 1:
AUDIO INTRODUCTION OF THE STORY
The voice in the audio asks the help of the audience.
For example: " Hello, it's good that we met. I need some assistance and I think you 're the right person. You see I have a problem. I lost something important...I lost my memory..."
The voice asks them to take a walk around so they can find some objects that will possibly make him remember.
He will also advise them to use the assistance of the screen.
TASKS:
1.To write the monologue-guidelines that will be used for the audio.
2. Rehearse all the examples I'll write by recording myself.
3. Consider additional background sounds, such as nature sounds, sounds of the environment where the mediascape experience takes place, music, ambience, etc.
Visuals: To think about what should be displayed on screen ( relevant with the website )
Step 2:
THE EXPERIENCE BEGINS!
Now people have to find the missing objects, lead by the guidance of GPS.
Notes: What happens if they take the wrong direction? Should there also be audio guidance by narrator?
Step 3:
APPROACHING MARK!
Triggers a short conversation or a monologue.
The audience is not exactly there but they are close. Memories are very short flashback audios and they start to play. Perhaps to leave a hint where the object where the object is.
For example: " This place looks familiar but I don't know why..."
Thoughts: No visuals at this point. Maybe just to make the audience more aware of the space around.
The voice could be of someone else's besides the narrator and the main character. A way to make it easier and also engage the audience.
Someone talking to him: family member, friend, girlfriend or just a stranger. ( It could be revealed in a more advanced stage that the stranger was not a stranger, to enhance the concept of amnesia ).
Step 4 :
OBJECT FOUND!
Here the narration becomes a bit clearer. An event that had happened there before is relived by the audiovisual from the iPAQ. Visiting the specific spot triggers some memories of the amnesiac narrator.
The missing objects contain information that will help him discover the rest of the objects and consequently the rest of the events that took place at this area.
Thoughts : The object could be a plate with numbers. Perhaps his credit card PIN that will allow him to draw money from the bank.
that will happen as soon as the audience tabs this number on the interface of the iPAQ that will look like an ATM.
Could be stickers with a notepad where the audience will stick on. That way he will keep a record of his memories and the audience will keep something at the end from the experience as a souvenir.
That's a sample of my ideas, in a nutshell.
No comments:
Post a Comment