following on from dave's comment on the previous post, made me wonder if any of you are going to use screen interaction as well as gps to trigger events to happen.
So you could use buttons on the screen to allow people to make a conscious choice to find out more about a place, or you could assume that if they linger in one spot, or revisit it, that they might like to know more, and so trigger extra content. You could use the playlist to line up your media, and set it to only play if not playedbefore. See the help pages for more info on the playlist - it could be simpler than setting up variables that check if you have been in a region before.
17 March 2008
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
3 comments:
It's an interesting question. In the VPAG layer I did introduce a simple flash movie with button choices in one area, where different events are held during the year. Ideally I would like to keep that approach to a minimum (although it will have a place in some regions), to see if a lack of direct interaction with the technology will create a greater immersive experience. The playlists will certainly be useful, thanks for that.
The area where I think I will need to use variables, and have had some success with over the weekend, is in a blanket zone I have created over the whole park. The idea being that the walker will get a general introduction on entrance. Smaller regions, layered on top, supply more specific info for that zone. When they leave the small zone they hit the general blanket zone, which will give them a bit more general information, taking them deeper into the social history of the reasons the park was built. I believe that entering a zone layered on top of another, does not actually exit the one underneath? Is that right? Or is there a way to achieve that, that I have missed? Any comments, gratefully received.
you're right, I think it is easier to be immersed when you don't have to consciously push buttons.
re the 'blanket zone' - you are right that you don't leave it when entering a region overlayed on top, but will play both sets of sounds together. But, you could switch off the sounds that you think are going to be playing, so OnEnter the smaller region you can pause or stop the sound or playlist that is playing in the 'blanket zone'. Check out the help forums for more on this
Thanks for that. I'll check it out.
Post a Comment