5 March 2008

CINEMATIC INTERACTIVITY PART 2

HOW? 
Let's cut to the chase. The challenge for me at the moment is to apply the term mentioned (cinematic interactivity)  to both media of Mediascape and Web Design.
Both of media will share the same concept and theme and will collaborate in a degree that will not push them away from their independence as a medium.

So...to start with the two media will share the same narrative. Having the chance to experience geocaching as well gave me a little bit to understand how a website can collaborate with the usage of mobile technology. It works very good but I think at that point the website cannot support itself,  without the experience of the geocaching.

Being in an initial level of developing my concept i haven't yet thought of how to make the site self supported. Any ideas at that point would be more than welcome.

An element I would like to borrow though from geocaching is the usage of tangible objects hidden in specific places. Finding an object and being told to use it, move it, destroy it makes in my opinion the experience more alive and realistic but also in a way the participants become your actors and you become the director. In my opinion is a step closer to the term cinematic interactivity.




1 comment:

featherhouse said...

hi angelo
I think you need to focus on this module not the next one. I am a bit confused about what you intend doing, as I think you are trying to put too much into one project.
I can see that you could link mediascapes with geocaching. And that you could use moving images to be virtual geocache 'prizes', as we discussed in the seminar. So, do you have a plan for what you are actually going to do?